Since it’s a new year, I thought I’d start off with a post of all of my *favorite* makeup items from last year. These are my most worn colors and products from 2011 that I want to share with you because I am still enjoying them!
1. True Blue Spa Apricot & White Tea Face Scrub from Bath & Body Works. I LOVE this product. I have tried a lot of different face cleansers/scrubs and none of them exfoliate quite as good as this one. It leaves your face feeling super clean and I am definitely going to be buying more!
2. Smashbox Photo Finish Light (Oil-Free) Primer. This was a recent purchase from Ulta. This little bottle cost me $16!! but so far I am loving it. It really does not make your face oily at all, and it helps to keep your makeup looking fresh. I also really like the Victoria’s Secret face primer, maybe even a wee bit more than this one..and that one is $15 for a bit of a bigger bottle. Either one you choose..face primer is a must!
3. Okay people..the most important makeup product — foundation. This can be a real pain trying to find the right shade, brand, etc. I have tried NUMEROUS foundations. Everything from Covergirl, L’oreal, Maybelline (all the drug store brands) as well as some expensive brands..and let me tell you..this Revlon Photo Ready foundation and setting powder is by far my favorite one that I keep going back to. It is light, not cakey at all, provides great coverage, and is a fraction of the price you would pay for a normal HD foundation. The liquid and the powder both cost about $12 and you can get it almost anywhere.
4. Favorite blush of 2011..Dandelion by Benefit. This blush is QUITE pricey at $28 for this small box..but it lasts a good while. It is a nice pink color and looks good on any skin tone. It also smells FANTASTIC! If you can’t see paying that much for blush, I also love any blush by Stila.
5. Best makeup purchase of 2011, hands down. This is the “Naked” Palette by Urban Decay. I wanted this palette for months, but couldn’t see spending the money on it, as it was quite steep. (I believe I paid around $50 for it.) But it was SO worth the wait, and worth the money! I LOVE all of the colors in this palette. I will probably post a video in a future blog on how pretty it looks on. I wear this every day. Love, love, love!! (Oh and the colors look great on any skin tone and eye color!)
6. Eyeliner & Mascara. These things I’m not OVERLY picky on…however I have not found an easier eyeliner than my tried and true covergirl black eyeliner pen. Pencils just don’t do it for me..I hate sharpening them and they seem to irritate my eyes. This liner comes out super easy with just a twist of the pen, and the color glides on super easy. The mascara is a great lengthening mascara, also in black.
7. Gonna be completely honest.. I didn’t used to wear lip liner, until I saw a makeup artist whose vlogs I follow repeatedly using it and seeing how much of a difference it made on her lips. I got this nude/pink color called “silk”, by Prestige, and I LOVE the way it looks on. It is a perfect match for my lip color and you really can’t even tell I’m wearing it except for the fact that it makes my lips look fuller. I top it off with a lip color as shown in the next photo…
Also, not pictured, my favorite perfume from 2011 is definitely David Beckham’s Signature for her. GREAT smelling perfume, I get complimented on it every time I wear it.
Feel free to leave comments/questions and let me know what YOUR favorite products from 2011 are!